F. Curtis Dohan, Jr., M.D.
Department of Pathology
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center
930 Madison Avenue
Memphis, TN 38163
Phone: (901) 448-5872
Fax: (901) 448-6979
Email: F. Curtis Dohan, Jr.
- M.D. Institution: Harvard Medical School
- Postdoctoral: National Institutes of Health; Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Prior research has focused on brain tumors and clinical pathological correlations in epilepsy. A research program is now being developed involving the pathophysiology of schizophrenia and autism, with particular emphasis on the association of these diseases with celiac disease.
- Eaton WW, Chen LY, Dohan FC Jr, Kelly DL, Cascella N. Response to Dell'Osso and Elli. Am J Psychiatry. 2015 Jul;172(7):686. doi: 10.1176/appi.ajp.2015.15030361r. PubMed PMID: 26130205.
- Eaton WW, Chen LY, Dohan FC Jr, Kelly DL, Cascella N. Improvement in psychotic symptoms after a gluten-free diet in a boy with complex autoimmune illness. Am J Psychiatry. 2015 Mar 1;172(3):219-21. doi: 10.1176/appi.ajp.2014.14040550. PubMed PMID: 25727533; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4477691.
- Jaster JH, Zamecnik J, Bartos A, Dohan FC Jr, Smith TW. Unexpected sudden death caused by medullary brain lesions involves all age groups and may include 'sudden infant death syndrome' as a subset. Acta Neuropathol. 2005 May;109(5):552-3. Epub 2005 Mar 10. PubMed PMID: 15759125.
- Jaster JH, Niell HB, Dohan FC Jr, Smith TW. Demyelination in the brain as a paraneoplastic disorder: candidates include some cases of leukemia and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Ann Hematol. 2003 Nov;82(11):714-5. Epub 2003 Sep 5. PubMed PMID: 12961034.
- Jaster JH, Niell HB, Dohan FC Jr, Smith TW. Therapy-related acute myeloblastic leukemia after mitoxantrone treatment in a patient with MS. Neurology. 2003 Apr 22;60(8):1399-400; author reply 1400. PubMed PMID: 12707461.
- Jernigan M, Morcos Y, Lee SM, Dohan FC Jr, Raine C, Levin MC. IgG in brain correlates with clinicopathological damage in HTLV-1 associated neurologic disease. Neurology. 2003 Apr 22;60(8):1320-7. PubMed PMID: 12707436.