Kathryn McVicar, M.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Neurology & Pediatrics
- B.A. - Psychology, University of Chicago, 1990
- M.D. - School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences. State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, 1996
- Resident - Pediatrics, Neurological Institute of New York and Children's Hospital of New York New York Presbyterian Hospital- Columbia Presbyterian Campus, 1996-98
- Resident - Pediatric Neurology, Neurological Institute of New York and Children's Hospital of New York - New York Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia Presbyterian Campus, 1998-01
- Fellow - Clinical Neurophysiology, Montefiore Medical Center-Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 2001-02
Professional Certification and Licensing
- New York, 1999
- BE/BC Pediatrics, 2001
- BE/BC Neurology with a specialization in Child Neurology, 2001
- BE/BC Clinical Neurophysiology, 2002
- DEA, 2002
- Tennessee, 2007
Language regression, autism, epilepsy and immunology.
Peer Reviewed Journal Publications
Language and Behavioral Disturbances Associated with Epileptiform EEG's. Aristea S. Galanopoulou, MD, PhD, Jorge Vidaurre, MD, Kathryn McVicar, MD, Karen Ballaban-Gil, MD, Shlomo Shinnar, MD, PhD., Roberto Tuchman, MD, and Solomon L. Moshe, MD. American Journal of Electrodiagnostic Technology. 42:181-209, 2002.
Landau-Kleffner syndrome, electrical status epilepticus in slow wave sleep, and language regression in children. Kathryn A. McVicar, MD, Shlomo Shinnar, MD, PhD. Ment Retard Dev Disabil Res Rev. 2004; 10 (2): 144-9.
Epileptiform EEG Abnormailties in Children with Language Regression. Kathryn A. McVicar, MD, Karen Ballaban-Gil, MD, Solomon Moshe, MD, Isabelle Rapin, MD and Sholomo Shinnar, MD, PhD. Neurology. 2005 Jul 12;65 (1): 129-31.
Frequency of gastrointestional symptoms in children with autistic spectrum disorders and association with family histry of autoimmune disease. Valicenti-McDermott M, McVicar K, Rapin I, Wershil BK, Cohen H, Shinnar S. J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2006 Apr; 27 (2 Suppl) : S128-36.
Journal Publications, Other
Seizure-like states. McVicar K. Pediatr Rev. 2006 May:27 (5):e42-4: discussion e44.
Epileptiform EEG Abnormalities in Children with Language Regression. Kathryn A. McVicar, MD, Karen Ballaban-Gil, MD, Shlolo Shinnar, MD, PhD, Isabelle Rapin, MD and Solomon Moshe, MD. American Epilepsy Society, December 2003.
Epileptiform Abnormalities in Children with Language Regression. Kathryn McVicar, MD, shlomo Shinnar, MD, PhD, Karen Ballaban-Gil, MD, Roberto Tuchman, MD and Isabelle Rapin, MD. Presented at the 10 th Annual Eastern Electroencephalographic Society Meeting, February 2003.
Frequency of Gastrointestinal Disorders and Family History of Autoimmune Disease in Children with Autistic Spectrum Disorders and Controls. Maria R. Valicenti-McDermott, Kathryn McVicar, Herbert Cohen, Barry Wershil, Isabelle Rapin, Shlomo Shinnar. Pediatric Academic Societies' Annual Meeting. May 2005.
Brain Endothelial Antibodies in Children with Language Regression. Kathyrn A. McVicar, Maria Rosario Valicenti-McDermott, Solomon L. Moshe, Shlomo Shinnar. American Academy of Neurology 58 th Annual Meeting, April 2006.
Department of Neurology
415 Link Building
855 Monroe Avenue
Memphis, Tennessee 38163
Phone: (901) 448-6199
Fax: (901) 448-7440
David M. Stern, M.D.
Tulio Bertorini, M.D.
Professor & Chairman