Editorial board memberships
- Dr. Michael Whitt serves on the Editorial Board of Virology (2000-present)
- Dr. Michael Whitt serves on the Editorial Board of Journal of Virology (2000-2005; 2010-present)
- Dr. John Fain serves on the Editorial Board of Metabolism
- Dr. Kui Li serves on the Editorial Board of PLoS ONE (2011-present)
- Dr. Gerald Byrne servers on the Editorial Board of Infection and Immunity (1986-present)
- Dr. Marko Radic serves on the Editorial Board of BMC Biotechnology as Section Editor.
Highly cited manuscripts
- Radic MZ, Erikson J, Litwin S, & Weigert M (1993) B lymphocytes may escape tolerance by revising their antigen receptors. The Journal of Experimental Medicine 177(4):1165-1173; Cited by 305 – as of 11/02/2012
- Radic MZ & Weigert M (1994) Genetic and Structural Evidence for Antigen Selection of Anti-DNA Antibodies. Annual Review of Immunology 12(1):487-520; Cited by 377 – as of 11/02/2012
- Fain JN, Madan AK, Hiler ML, Cheema P, & Bahouth SW (2004) Comparison of the Release of Adipokines by Adipose Tissue, Adipose Tissue Matrix, and Adipocytes from Visceral and Subcutaneous Abdominal Adipose Tissues of Obese Humans. Endocrinology 145(5):2273-2282; Cited by 830 – as of 11/02/2012
- Fain JN (2006) Release of Interleukins and Other Inflammatory Cytokines by Human Adipose Tissue Is Enhanced in Obesity and Primarily due to the Nonfat Cells. Vitamins & Hormones, ed Gerald L (Academic Press), Vol 74, pp 443-477; Cited by 281 – as of 11/02/2012
- Dr. Kui Li served as Session Co-Chair of the Virus-Host Interactions session (9b) and also an Abstract Reviewer for the 18th International Symposium on Hepatitis C Virus and Related Viruses in September 2011
- Dr. Elizabeth Fitzpatrick has been named Vice Chair of the “Committee on Women and Diversity in Science” for the Society of Leukocyte Biology (2012)
- Dr. Marko Radic was Session Chair at the international meeting on "Anti-DNA and other Autoantibodies: Origins and Impact" held in Tromso, Norway in 2010.
- Dr. Gerald Byrne was the Founder and President of Chlamydia Basic Research Society (2003-2005)
- Dr. Michael Whitt served on NIH Virology-A Study Section: Ad hoc member (2011)
- Dr. Michael Whitt is the top 25 reviewer for Journal of Virology (2011)
- Dr. Michael Whitt served on NIH Special Emphasis Panel, Topics in Virology; Ad hoc member (2007-2009)
- Dr.Maria Gomes-Solecki has been serving in the NIH/NIAID Study Section "Small Business: Non-HIV Diagnostics, Food Safety, Sterilization/Disinfection and Bioremediation Special Emphasis Panel" since 2010.
- Dr. Gerald Byrne serves in the NIH Scientific Review Group ZRG1 F13-P [2005 – present (chair, 2006-2009)]
- Dr. Gerald Byrne is a permanent member and chair elect of the NIH VMD study Section (2009-present)
- Dr. Michael Whitt is the finalist for the Student Government Association Executive Council (SGAEC) Excellence in Teaching Award - (2011)
- Dr. Michael Whitt received Golden Apple Award for Outstanding Lecturer in Medical Microbiology - (2002 and 2010)