CyberSense Quiz - January 7, 2013
How did you do? See below for answers.
- There are currently three items that can be encrypted to protect PHI: 1. Laptop hard drive, 2. USB Flash Drive, and 3. Word & Excel Documents.
TRUE - The encryption documents at www.uthsc.edu/its/ITSecurity cover these three approved encryption solutions.
- If an encryption password is lost or forgotten, the Help Desk can recover the password.
FALSE - All encryption solution instructions include the warning that if your password is lost or forgotten, it cannot be recovered.
- It's OK to email PHI if it's only sent within the UTHSC network.
FALSE - It is never OK to email PHI anywhere, to anyone, without encrypting it.
- Questions about UTHSC IT security can be answered at the IT Security Awareness Table in front of the One-Stop Shop every first and third Tuesday.
TRUE - The table is there every first and third Tuesday between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Wireless mobile devices are secure and are great for sending PHI.
FALSE - Unless an encryption solution is used, PHI should not be sent via a wireless device.
Department of Information Technology Services
877 Madison Ave
Memphis, Tennessee 38163