Income Tax Information and Links

The UT Office of International Affairs is neither qualified nor permitted to give individual tax advice. Students with complicated tax situations may wish to consult with a tax preparation service, professional tax accountant, or tax attorney who is knowledgeable about nonresident tax law.

However, we have created a page with general income tax information that you may find useful:

Also, the sites and links below contain information that may be helpful in answering some additional tax questions.

U.S. Internal Revenue Service Tax Forms and Information

IRS website external link icon

You may download any tax forms you need from their website by using the "Search Forms and Publications" function -- or click on the form below:

Tax Help

You may go to the Memphis IRS office, 22 N. Front Street, downtown, or call 901-544-3243. The office is open Monday-Friday - 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Services providedexternal link icon

Tax Preparation Software

Arctic InternationalTax Prep external link icon might assist you in completing your 1040NR or 1040NR-EZ tax forms. This is only for those who are classified as nonresident aliens for tax purposes (F and J status). There is a fee to use this software.

Additional Sources

The State University of New York (SUNY) Office of International Student and Scholar Services maintains a website external link icon that is a good source of general income tax information for international students. (In fact, some of the material in this section on our websitecomes courtesy of their site, for which we are very grateful.)

Take note that some of the information, however, applies only to SUNY International students and residents of the state of New York.

UTHSC campus 

Contact Us

Office of International Affairs
Johnson Building, Suite 205K
847 Monroe Avenue
Memphis, TN 38163

Phone: 901-448-8484
Fax: 901-448-1370

Hours of operation:
8 a.m. to 5 p.m., M-F