Why Use the Temporary Pool?
Recruiting employees through the Temporary Help Pool is an effective means for departments to identify qualified staff for regular, part-time and temporary positions. Additionally, the employees in the Temporary Help Pool have already been vetted through the recruitment process, which eliminates a lag time in productivity for departments.
Some of the benefits of using the Temporary Help Pool include the following:
- We support university departments by identifying qualified individuals for temporary positions, conducting interviews, background and reference checks.
- Hiring through the Temporary Help Pool allows the department and employee to determine if the position is a good fit prior to considering regular employment.
- Employees hired through the temporary pool are more invested in our processes and outcomes because they are university employees and not contract workers.
- Allows departments to strategically gain access to employees with specialized skill sets and outsource non-core business functions.
- Helps department managers plan for predictable work spikes and shortages in staffing needs.
- All payroll functions, counseling, evaluations and exit clearances are managed through the Temporary Help Pool office.
- The commission fee charged by the Temporary Help Pool is significantly lower than that charged by an employment agency.
Human Resources Office
910 Madison Avenue
Memphis, TN 38163