Becoming a Temporary Employee
Interested Applicants The Temporary Help Pool is a mutually beneficial program as many employees in the temp pool seek full-time or regular positions at the university. Temp pool assignments with the university can vary from as short as several hours to assignments lasting several months.
It is not a guarantee when an employee is hired in the temporary pool that they will find a full-time position. However, the temporary pool does contribute to a significant number of employee hires throughout every area on campus.
If you are interested in applying for a position in our Temporary Help Pool, please see this page for information on how to apply online. Qualified applicants should note "Temporary Help Pool" as the desired position. You may also apply in person at 910 Madison Avenue, Suite 722, Memphis, TN 38163, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
After an application is submitted, we will:
- pre-screen all resumes and applications
- identify qualified candidates whose skills are suited to department needs
- schedule an initial in-person interview
- set up interviews with department hiring managers
- conduct reference, licensure and education verification
- administer criminal background checks
Human Resources Office
910 Madison Avenue
Memphis, TN 38163