Salary and Benefits
2015-2016 Resident Compensation Rates for ACGME-Accredited Programs
|PGY Level||Base Annual||with Disability
Life Benefits *
*In addition to the base salary, those residents participating in the disability and group life insurance programs provided through GME currently receive an additional $600 per year for disability and life insurance benefits as shown above in Column 3.
For more resident salary information, please see GME Policy #210.
Fringe benefits include:
- Educational Stipend - $1,500 is provided each year for attendance at one of the following conferences: ASCO, ASH, NCCN, San Antonio - Breast Cancer, BMT Tandem Meeting. Additionally, you will be awarded a one-time only presentation scholarship of $500 if you are presenting a poster or abstract at a national conference.
- Health Insurance as provided by UTHSC
- Malpractice and Disability Insurance - covered by the State of TN
- Lab Coats 4 coats are provided by GME
- Computer Literature Searches and Photocopying
- Access to Recreational Facilities
- Use of Computer Education Resource Center
- A Tennessee medical license is not required for fellowship-related activities. An institutional permit covers fellows.