Affiliated Training Facilities
Consultation services are offered. This hospital houses a state of the art level 1 trauma unit as well as burn center and high risk obstetrics unit. It also offers the only registered hemophilia center in the tri-state area and is home to the Diggs-Kraus Sickle Cell Center. The Med is the city hospital and allows fellows access to care for many indigent patients with significantly advanced malignancies that would normally not be able to afford care.
Consultation services are offered at the VA hospital Memphis. This is also one of the sites for continuity clinics throughout the full three years of fellowship. Fellows will have the opportunity to participate in state of the art multidisciplinary clinics and conferences offered at the VA. Fellows experience a vast variety of complex oncological and hematological cases during their consult months as well as in the clinic.
- Consult Hematology/Oncology Service: Staffed by attending, fellow, and on occasion internal medicine residents. Full time oncology pharmacist also available. (PGY4-2 months; PGY5- 1 month)
Inpatient services as well as consult services are available rotations. Methodist University Hospital houses the malignant hematology and bone marrow transplant services, inpatient services, as well as a private hematology oncology consult service. The fellows will also have the opportunity to participate in inpatient private service as well as a consult service to provide “real world” fellowship experience. All services are supported by full time oncology pharmacists, case managers, social workers, and nurses that help to enhance the educational opportunities for the fellows.
- Inpatient Solid Tumor Oncology Service: Staffed by attending, fellow, pharmacist, and internal medicine resident. Allows fellows to explore the complexity of the hospitalized patients with solid tumors. (PGY4- 2 months; PGY5- 1 month
- Malignant Hematology Service/Bone Marrow Transplant Team: Staffed by attending, fellow, and pharmacist. The fellow will gain fundamental knowledge of inpatient care of bone marrow transplant as well as acute leukemia, aggressive lymphoma, and a variety of hematological illnesses. Multidisciplinary team approach is utilized with meeting twice monthly to discuss challenging cases. (PGY 4-2 months; PGY 5 1 month)
- Consult Hematology/Oncology Service: Staffed by attending, fellow, and many months an internal medicine resident. Team provides consultation on private patients for the Methodist University Hospital. Fellow will interact with multiple subspecialties and primary care doctors to help provide comprehensive cancer and hematology care. (PGY4- 1 month; PGY5-2 months; PGY6- 1 month)
The West Clinic was founded in 1979 by Dr. Bill West. Today the West Clinic is one of the nation’s premier oncology, hematology, and radiology centers. The West Clinic has eight locations with more than 30 physicians. Their motto: “No Stone Unturned”, speaks to their dedication to treating the whole person, not just the disease by providing the best care available to patients. Fellows participate in weekly clinic experiences with West Clinic staff during the second and third year of fellowship.
World class children’s hospital focused on research and treatment of childhood illnesses. Fellows are provided the opportunity to attend clinic for St. Jude Life which is an adult clinic for the evaluation of late effects of chemotherapy and radiation. Fellows also have the opportunity for electives as well as clinical and basic science research at this state of the art institution.
- Drs. Ogbeide and Lawson review clinic notes
- Dr. Osa Ogbeide
- Drs. Snider and Ogbata
- 2nd Year Fellows
- Dr. Bojia Li presents at Journal Club
- 1st Year Fellows
- 3rd Year Fellows
- Drs. Haq and Pandey discuss patient care
- Dr. Chesney leads the Hematology Symposium
Division of Hematology & Oncology
956 Court St.
Coleman Building H314
Memphis, Tennessee 38163
Janet Herriman, Coordinator: email@example.com