Finding the Hardware Address of an HP LaserJet 9000 Series Printer
You will need the Hardware Address of your printer in order to flag it with Computing Services so that the IP Address doesn't expire. Follow the directions below to get your Address and then you can email the Hardware Address, your Full Name, your Building and Room Number, and your Phone number to email@example.com.
1. Press the green check button one time. Refer to the picture on the right for any references to buttons.
2. Press the down arrow button one time to highlight "INFORMATION MENU," then press the green check button.
3. Press the down arrow button one time to highlight "PRINT CONFIGURATION," then press the green check button.
4. You should have two pages print out. The first page is the Configuration Page and the second page is the JetDirect Page. The information you want is on the JetDirect Page.
5. Under the HP JetDirect Configuration section there is a field labeled Hardware Address. The entry will be 12 characters in length and will start with 00 (zero zero). This number is your hardware address that you need to send to the Helpdesk.
Should you run into any problems please call the Helpdesk at 448-2222 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to the list of printers.