UT has procured a Microsoft Campus Enterprise Agreement for Microsoft Office 2013 for Windows, Office 2008 and 2011 for Macintosh, and Windows 7 operating systems. The University will distribute these products for use by faculty and staff on University owned computers at no charge to departments.
Office Licensing Options
The Microsoft Office products have three licensing options:
- The product can be installed on all University computers at no charge to departments via the OIT software download site.
- The Campus Enterprise Agreement also gives UT Faculty and Staff the ability to purchase a personal At Home Use copy directly from a Microsoft Website. The cost for the full Microsoft Office 2013 package or Office 2008 for the Macintosh is $9.95 to download. For an additional $12.00 you can also purchase a backup disc which will be be mailed to the purchaser. The price includes shipping and handling.
Download Office for Windows or Macintosh
For personal use, all UT employees are authorized to download one discounted Home Use Program version of Office 2013 or Office 2011 Professional Plus from Microsoft for $9.95 plus $12 for an optional backup DVD. Instructions for how to do so are available at the OIT Software Distribution site by logging in with a NetID, selecting "Downloading Software for Home Use", and downloading the "Microsoft Office Home Use Program Instructions for PC and Mac."
Download or read more information on installing Office including system requirements and troubleshooting tips.
Windows 7 & 8
The Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 8 operating systems are available from ITS via DVD, at the UTHSC Helpdesk for all capable UT-owned computers. You can view Windows 7's minimum hardware requirements on Microsoft's webpage.
UTHSC Microsoft Office Activation
The university provides versions of Microsoft Office software for use on university owned computers. Periodically, this software requires re-activation on the UTHSC network. If the UT owned computer is a laptop that is kept off campus for long periods, it will eventually need to be brought to the university to be activated. If you are unable to bring it to our UTHSC campus, the Windows or Office can be activated by using our Cisco VPN and some scripts that direct your computer to the activation server. This tends to be more complicated than bringing it on campus though.
To activate Microsoft Office:
- Verify the Office version (2007, 2010, or 2013) and the operating system type (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Click one of the links below to download the activation program.
- Once downloaded, double-click the icon to run it.
- If you have any questions or problems, please contact the Help Desk at 901-448-2222.
877 Madison Ave.
Lamar Alexander Bldg.
Memphis, TN 38163
Hours of Operation
Monday - 8 am to 5 pm
Tuesday - 8 am to 5 pm
Wednesday - 8 am to 5 pm
Thursday - 8 am to 5 pm
Friday - 8 am to 5 pm
Saturday - Closed
Sunday - Closed
Additional Phone Support
Monday-Friday : 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
** In case of EMERGENCY outage during hours the Helpdesk is closed, please call Security at 448-4444.