Syncing UTHSC Exchange Account with an Android Device
Note: Not all android devices are the same and this process may vary depending on the device and the version of Android being used. These instructions should provide enough information to sync a UTHSC account with most Android devices. For further assistance you can contact the helpdesk at 448-2222.
- Press the menu key from the home screen and select ‘Settings’ by pressing the gear symbol.
- In settings, select ‘Accounts & Sync.’
- Choose ‘Corporate’ (Some devices may say ‘Exchange’).
- Enter your UTHSC email address and password and press Next.
- Enter additional Exchange settings as follows. Domain should be ‘UTHSC’ and Exchange Server should
- Additional account options may vary depending on your device and the version of Android
you are using and can be changed depending on your preferences.
- After you have finished with the setup you will be given the option to name the account.
- The first time you open your email you will need to activate device administrator. (See below for more
information about the ‘Delete all data’ permission).
Delete all data: this is a standard exchange feature and must be accepted if you want to sync an exchange account with android. Accepting this option does not mean that anyone other than you will be able to delete data from your device. This operation is necessary in many organizations to ensure that data is not at risk if a device is lost or stolen. Once you have synced your exchange account you can see your device in webmail and delete data from your device if necessary.
- Once you press activate your account will be synced.
877 Madison Ave.
Lamar Alexander Bldg.
Memphis, Tennessee 38163
Hours of Operation
Monday - 8 am to 5 pm
Tuesday - 8 am to 5 pm
Wednesday - 8 am to 5 pm
Thursday - 8 am to 5 pm
Friday - 8 am to 5 pm
Saturday - Closed
Sunday - Closed
Additional Phone Support
Monday-Friday : 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
** In case of EMERGENCY outage during hours the Helpdesk is closed, please call Security at 448-4444.