Vacancy rates (or job opportunities) are monitored annually by the Board of Registry of the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP).
Please visit the following websites for more information on the profession:
- American Society of Clinical Pathology
- CytoPathnet: Online Cytopathology Resource Center
- American Society of Cytopathology (ASC)
- American Society for Cytotechnology (ASCT)
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Advance for Medical Laboratory Professionals
Several award and scholarship recipients are selected by each department during the academic year. Students wishing to be considered should complete the scholarship application and return it to their program director.
The UTHSC cytotechnology program enjoys the enthusiastic support of many highly successful alumni. Graduates of the program are members of the University of Tennessee National Alumni Association and as such, have many opportunities to provide gifts to the program. Alumni stay in touch with the program and each other through the college newsletter that is published twice a year. Alumni who wish to contribute to the program can do so by giving to the:
- Cytotechnology Gift Fund,
- Erickson-Rube Cytotechnology Scholarship,
- Allied Health Education Fund,
- Allied Health Student Emergency Loan Fund
For information and to provide donations contact:
Thanks for your support!
Please update your contact information so that we may be able to send material regarding continuing education opportunities or special events at UTHSC.
Program in Cytotechnology/ Histotechnology
930 Madison - Suite 664
Memphis, Tennessee 38163