Current Research Areas
- Investigations into the neural mechanisms responsible for inducing fluent speech in people who stutter.
- Examining the role of mirror neuron systems in speech perception and simulated production tasks via electroencephalograpy.
- Investigations into clinical efficacy of altered auditory feedback and other treatments for stuttering.
- Listener reactions to stuttering: Changes in eye-gaze behaviors and physiological responses. How these reactions may in turn affect people who stutter and their communicative interactions.
- Anticipatory reactions to stuttering in people who stutter. Changes in physiological responses of anxiety in anticipation of stuttered versus fluent speech.
- The effects of stuttering on manual functions.