Purchase Apple Apps
The University has entered into an Apple Volume Purchase Agreement that will allow departments to purchase Apple IOS Apps for iPads, iPhones, and iPods on a tax-exempt basis. Quantity discounts will apply to many Apps available through the agreement. App availability, pricing, and discounts under this program are available at this Apple webpage.
Department heads and business managers are responsible for monitoring the appropriateness of APP purchases and maintaining records of App purchases and distribution (person receiving the App code).
Departmental Apps purchased can be installed on either University-owned Apple devices or on an employee's personal Apple device. In the case of Apps installed on an employee's personal Apple device, if the employee terminates employment with UT, the department should determine whether any Apps purchased by UT need to be removed. This needs to be accomplished before the department approves the employee's exit clearance at termination.
UTHSC General Stores has been designated as the sole source for ordering Apps for all departments or units reporting to UTHSC. Apps should not be ordered directly from the Apple website using a procurement card or credit card.
- Secure a complete description of the App and pricing from: https://volume.itunes.Apple.com/us/store/
- Complete the UTHSC Apple App Order Form and secure approval from the department business manager or department head.
- Send the order form to General Stores (if sent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org )or fax (901-448-8747), do not send the original as a duplicate order may result).
- After General Stores obtains the App(s), a purchase code(s) will be sent to the requesting department via email.
- The department representative will provide the App code to the faculty member, staff member or student who can then login to their personal iTunes account and download the App to their Apple device using the purchase code. In no case should a procurement card or credit card be used to purchase Apps under this agreement.
- General Stores will bill the requesting department at cost for the Apps via internal transfer.
8 South Dunlap
B41 General Education Building
Memphis, Tennessee 38163
Hours: 8:00 - 5:00 M-F