Division Faculty: Bradford Waters, M.D.
Associate Professor of Medicine
Chief, GI Section, Memphis VA Medical Center
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 1982
University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL, 1982-1985
Gastroenterology and Transplantation Hepatology, University of Tennessee, Memphis 1988-1991
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology
Viral hepatitis, liver transplantation, complications of portal hypertension.
Hepatitis C and liver transplantation
- Waters B, Kudsk KA, Jarvi EJ, Brown RO, Fabian TC, Wood EC. 1994. Effect of route of nutrition on recovery of hepatic organic anion clearance after fasting. Surgery 1994; 115:370-374.
- Smalley DL, Brewer SC, Dawson GJ, Kyrk C, Waters B. 1996. Hepatitis E virus infection in an immigrant to the United States. S. Med. J. 89:994-996.
- Hunt CM, Dominitz JA, Bute BP, Waters B, Blasi U, Williams DM. Effect of interferon treatment of chronic hepatitis C on health-related quality of life. Dig Dis Sci 1997 Dec;42 (12):2482-2486.
- Willner IR, Uhl MD, Howard SC, Williams EQ, Riely CA, Waters B. 1998. Serious hepatitis A: An analysis of patients hospitalized during an urban epidemic in the United States. Ann Intern Med 128(2):111-114.
- Willner IR, Waters B, Patil SR, Reuben A, Morelli J, Riely CA. 2001. Ninety patients with non- alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH): Insulin resistance, familial tendency and severity of disease. Am J Gastroenterol 97(10):2957-2961.
- Tombazzi C, Waters B, Ismail MK, Sylvestre PB, Martinez-Hernandez A, Riely Ca. Sarcoidosis mimicking primary sclerosing cholangitis requiring liver transplantation. Ann Hepatol. 2008; 7: 82-6.
- Jamal Y, Tombazzi C, Waters B, Ismail MK. Bronchobiliary fistula in a cirrhotic patient: a case report and review of the literature. Am J Med Sci 2008; 335: 315-9.
- Barriga J, Thompson R, Skokouh-Amiri H, Davila R, Ismail Mk, Waters B, Tombazzi CR. Biliary strictures after liver transplantation. Predictive factors for response to endoscopic management and long-term outcome. Am J Med Sci 2008; 335: 439-43.
- Ismail MK, Marinez-Hernandez A, Schichman S, Chaudhry S, Waters B. Transplantation of a liver with the C282Y mutation into a recipient heterozygous for H63D results in iron overload. Am J Med Sci 2009;337: 138-42.
- Abell TL, Familoni B, Voeller G, Werkman R, Dean P, Waters B, Smalley d, Salameh JR. Electrophysiologic, morphologic, and serologic features of chronic unexplained nausea and vomiting; lessons learned from 121 consecutive patients. Surgery 2009; 145: 476-85.
- Nyenwe EA, Williamson-Baddoff S. Waters B, Wan JY, Solomon SS. Nonalcoholic Fatty liver disease and metabolic syndrome in hypopituitary patients. Am J Med Sci 2009; 338: 190-5.
Selected Book Chapter
- Waters B, Riely CA. Drug and chemical-induced Hepatic Injury. In Bockus Gastroenterology (Fifth Edition) 1994, W. Haubrich, F. Schaffner, JE Berk, eds., W.B. Saunders Company, Orlando FL, vol. 3, pp 2158-2189.