Satheesh P. Nair, M.D.
Professor of Medicine
Director of Transplant Hepatology
Methodist University Hospital
Medical College Trivandrum
New York Medical College; Our Lady of Mercy Medical Center
Gastroenterology, New York Medical College; Our Lady of Mercy Medical Center
Transplant Hepatology, Johns Hopkins University
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology with Certificate for Added Qualifications in Transplant Hepatology
- S Nair, James Eason, George Loss. Sirolimus Monotherapy in Nephrotoxicity due to CI in Liver Transplant Recipients Liver Transplantation 2003 Feb;9(2):126-9.
- Andrew Mason, S Nair. Is type II diabetes another extrahepatic manifestation of hepatitis C virus infection? (Editorial: Am J Gastroenterology 2003 Feb;98(2):243-6.
- S Nair, James Eason, George Loss, Jamie Blazek, Jeanie Lipscomb, Andrew Mason. Treatment of Recurrent Hepatitis C In Liver Transplant Recipients: Is Their Any Histological Benefit? Liver Transplantation . 2003 Apr;9(4):354-9 49.
- James D. Eason, S. Nair, Ari J. Cohen, Jamie L. Blazek, George E. Loss Jr. Steroid-free Liver Transplantation Using Rabbit ATG and Early Tacrolimus Monotherapy. Transplantation. 2003 Apr 27;75(8):1396-9.
- S Nair, Anna Mae Diehl, Melissa Wiseman, Gist H Farr Jr, Robert Perrillo Metformin in the treatment of non alcoholic steatohepatitis a pilot open label trial. Alimentary Pharmacology July 2004.
- George E. Loss Jr, Andrew L. Mason, S. Nair, Jamie Blazek R.N, Gist Farr, Ari J.Cohen M.D. and James D. Eason M.D. Does Lamivudine Prophylaxis Eradicate Persistent HBV DNA from Allografts Derived from anti-HBc Positive Donors? Liver Transplantation . 2003 Dec;9(12):1258-64.
- E File, Nair S, Mehra M, Hicks DD, Perrillo R. Transmission of Hepatitis C virus Infection From Hepatitis C infected Cardiac Donors. Transplantation. 2003 Oct 15;76(7):1096-100.
- S Nair, Ranvir Singh Robert Perrillo. TIPS in refractory Ascites: Correlation between Portosystemic gradient and Response. Vasc Interv Radiol . 2004 Dec;15(12):1431-4.
- Eason JD, Cohern AJ, Nair S, Loss GE, Tolerance: is it worth the risk? Transplantation . 2005 May 15;79(9):1157-9.
- Nair S, Loss G, Cohen A, Eason JD. Induction with Rabbit Anti Thymocyte Globulin Vs Induction with Corticosteroids In Liver Transplantation: Impact on Recurrent HCV infection Transplantation February 2006.
- Nair S, Lipscomb J. Eason J. Efficacy of inferno based antiviral therapy for recurrent hepatitis C in patients who received steroid free immunosuppession for liver transplantation. Transplantation. 2008;3: 418-22.
- Nair S, Vanatta JM, Arteh J, Eason JD. Effects of obesity, diabetes, and prior abdominal surgery on resource utilization in liver transplantation: a single-center study. Liver Transpl. 2009; 15: 1519-24.
- Vanatta JM, Modanlou K, Dean AG, Nezakatgoo N, Campos L, Nair S, Eason JD. Outcomes of orthotopic liver transplantation for hepatic sarcoidosis: Analysis of the UNOS/OPTN data files as a comparative study with cholestatic liver diseases. Liver Transpl. 2011 May 18.
Selected Book Chapters
- Satheesh Nair, Robert Perrillo. Hepatitis B. and Hepatitis D Text Book of Liver Disease . Zakim and Boyer 2005.
- Robert Perrillo, Satheesh Nair; Hepatitis B and Hepatitis D in Sleisenger and Fortrand's Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases 2006.