Mission, Goals and Objectives
The financial enterprise of the University of Tennessee exists to support the university's mission and strategic plans through sound, efficient, and ethical fiscal management and is governed by applicable university policies and state of Tennessee and federal laws and regulations.
Goals and Objectives:
- Prepare budgets accurately and in a timely manner in alignment with the university's strategic plan and monitor the budgets to ensure that the plan is carried out.
- Provide accurate and timely financial information.
- Procure goods and services necessary for the university's operations and pay the university's obligations.
- Provide stewardship and accountability for institutional assets and ensure that all financial resources are received and invested.
- Develop and maintain the official administrative management and financial accounting systems and records and the related systems of internal controls for the university in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and consistent with requirements of the state of Tennessee.
- Follow policies and procedures to ensure that university funds and resources are safeguarded from fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Administer the capital outlay, capital maintenance, and real property programs.
- Collect fees and other funds owed to the university in an accurate and timely manner.
Finance and Operations
62 South Dunlap
Memphis, TN 38163