Other Important Information
Definition of an Academic Year for Financial Aid Purposes
The definition of a financial aid academic year at UTHSC is one in which a student completes a minimum of 30 weeks of instruction and 24 semester credit hours.
Consequently, the following apply to all federal financial aid programs for students in undergraduate programs:
- Academic Year 1: credits 1-24
- Academic Year 2: credits 25-48
- Academic Year 3: credits 49-72
- Academic Year 4: Credits 72-120
- Academic Year 5: 121 and above
Find out about affordable housing options by visiting on campus Student Housing.