Applicants for Fall Semester 2014 should apply through ADEA DHCAS until June 14, 2014. The link to ADEA DHCAS is http://www.adea.org/. After opening the ADEA page, look for the icon that reads, DHCAS. After June 14 and until the deadline of July 15, 2014, please go to "Quick Links" and click on 'Apply Now!' Information will be provided so you may apply after June 14 through UT Office of Enrollment Management at 901-448-5560 or Dr. Nancy Williams at 901-569-3290 or email@example.com.
We are now accepting students for Fall Semester 2014. Application deadline is July 15, 2014 .
- Graduation from an ADA CODA accredited dental hygiene program located in the U.S. or Canada.
- 3.0 cumulative GPA earned in B.S. degree program; 3.0 cumulative GPA earned in dental hygiene course work *
- Valid dental hygiene license in at least one state in the United States. If an applicant holds more than one license, each license must be in good standing with no pending or current disciplinary action. Proof of licensure and status will be required before the student is admitted to the program.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
* Applicants who do not meet the 3.0 minimum GPA must provide evidence to the admissions committee that demonstrates the likelihood of academic success.
Required application materials:
- UTHSC application for admission plus a non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts of all previous academic work
- Three completed recommendation forms (suggested references include dental hygiene program director or faculty, professional colleague, employer, non-dental hygiene faculty)
- Essay explaining the applicants main area of graduate dental hygiene interest. The essay should follow worksheet information available from the Graduate Program Director. Please send all requests to Dr. Nancy Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Foreign applicants whose native language is not English must submit results of TOEFL, with minimum score of 550 on the paper-based exam, 233 on the computer based TOEFL, and 100 on the internet TOEFL exam. UTHSC does require TOEFL for applicants whose first language is not English unless the applicant has successfully completed a higher education degree program that was delivered in English.
General Applicant Information:
The MDH Program participates in rolling admissions and accepts two classes per year that begin in August and January. A telephone or personal interview is granted to an applicant by invitation only. Click on the Admissions or the Online Application and follow the directions for admission.
The grading scale for MDH graduate students is as follows:
90-100 = A
80-89 = B
70-79 = C
Below 70 = F
Graduate students must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher each semester. Dismissal from the program may result if the GPA falls below 3.0.
Requirements for Graduation
- The following requirements must be satisfied to earn the degree of Master of Dental Hygiene.
- Satisfactory completion of the 30 hour (if admitted prior to March 2010 or 33 semester hour MDH curriculum (admitted after March 2010).
- Students must complete all courses and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Students must file an application for graduation for either December or May graduation.
- Students must complete all courses within five (5) years of enrolling in the program.
- Satisfactory completion of the Capstone Project.
- Students' dental hygiene license should remain in good standing throughout the program and must be in good standing at the time of graduation.
- Students must discharge all financial obligations to the university and remove all deficiencies documented by the Registrar. to the University and remove all deficiencies documented by the Registrar.
Attendance at graduation is required. Those unable to attend commencement must obtain permission to receive the degree in absentia by filing a written request with the Dean of the College.
Graduate Program in Dental Hygiene
930 Madison Avenue
Memphis, TN 38163