Faculty Positions in the College of Dentistry
Department of Bioscience Research (PIN 22053)
October 1, 2012
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Dentistry invites applications for a full-time, tenure track position in the Department of Bioscience Research. The area of research will be in biomaterials with emphasis on stem cells applications, but this is not completely required. Ideally, the applicant should have R01 funding, or possibly someone with an F32 or K99 type grant. This position will be at the Assistant, Associate Professor or Professor level, dependent upon candidate qualifications. This new faculty member will have access to university wide research resources, such as technical support and core laboratories as well as access to undergraduate, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows. This position will report to the College of Dentistry¿s Senior Executive Associate Dean for Research.
We invite candidates whose research interests are complementary to our goal of enhancing our understanding of biomaterials and stem cells, with applications in both dentistry and medicine. For details, please visit www.uthsc.edu/dentistry/research.
Responsibilities and duties of the position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist and support the UTHSC College of Dentistry faculty, postdoctoral and predoctoral students to complete research projects related to biomaterials and stem cells.
- Promote UTHSC College of Dentistry research at scientific conferences, meetings, and in the public media.
- Submit grant applications to support industrial and federal research projects.
- Partially support salary through funded grants.
- Mentor M.S./Ph.D. candidates.
- Continual publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Provide research training, lectures, tutorials, workshops and exams as part of educational programs.
- Seek opportunities for the involvement of dental students in research.
- Help in the creation of a biological research profile and supportive research environment.
- Develop an independent research center.
- Teach at the predoctoral and/or postdoctoral levels.
The candidates for this position should:
- Hold a PhD, DDS/PhD, or MD/PhD degree.
- Have a vigorous post-doctoral training with high impact publications.
- Ideally have M.S./Ph.D. student research mentoring experience.
- Have managerial experience in directing research staff and team.
- Be a member of professional research associations.
- Have a history of obtaining extramural research support; special emphasis on grant submission at the NIH.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, a current curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references to:
Franklin Garcia-Godoy, DDS, MS, PhD
Senior Executive Associate Dean for Research, UTHSC College of Dentistry
875 Union Avenue
Memphis, TN 38163
For electronic response send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Diagnostic Services and Oral Medicine (PIN 22146)
February 15, 2013
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, College of Dentistry is seeking applicants for a full time, tenure track position in the Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, Department of Diagnostic Sciences and Oral Medicine. Salary and academic rank will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to teaching general and oral pathology in the predoctoral and postgraduate programs, participation in the College’s biopsy service and consultation in the College’s Oral Medicine Clinic.
Applicants must have a DDS/DMD from an ADA accredited dental program or equivalent degree and be eligible for licensure in the State of Tennessee. Applicants must be academically trained in Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology and those certified by the Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology are preferred. It is also expected that the successful candidate will be involved in research, community service, and scholarly activity. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The position will be available on July 1, 2013.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, current curriculum vitae, and the contact information for three professional references to Dr. Cesar A. Migliorati, Chair, Department of Diagnostic Sciences and Oral Medicine, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Dentistry, 875 Union Avenue, Memphis, TN 38163-2110. Electronic submissions can be made to email@example.com.
The University of Tennessee does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of educational programs and services or employment opportunities and benefits. This policy extends to both employment by and admission to the University. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, or disability in its educational programs and activities pursuant to the requirements of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Inquiries and charges of violation concerning Title VI, Title IX, Section 504, ADA or the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) or any of the other above referenced policies should be directed to the Office of Equity and Diversity, 920 Madison Avenue, Suite 420, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, telephone 901-448-5558 (V/TTY available).
The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services.
College of Dentistry
875 Union Avenue
Memphis, TN 38163
Phone: (901) 448-6200
Fax: (901) 448-1625