Laser Integration in Dental Hygiene
DIDACTIC LECTURE COURSE
Introduction by Dr. Binkley
Lasers as Adjuncts in Periodontal Practice Physics of High Intensity Lasers and Laser Tissue Interactions Physics and applications of Low Intensity Lasers (Dr. Erica Migliorati)
10:00-10:15 AM BREAK
Applications of the Waterlase (BIOLASE) and Nd:YAG (Millennium) in the periodontal treatment Dr. Les Binkley
11:15-11:45 AM Simulation hands on
11:45-12:15 PM Questions & Answers
12:15-1:30 PM LUNCH
Soft Tissue Applications and Dental Hygiene Protocol (Dr. Erica Migliorati) HANDS-ON
2:45-3:45 PM Simulation
Review of different laser apparatus and applications. Concluding remarks All lecturers
Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure
Date: Friday, October 25, 2013
Time: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (EST)
Location: Memphis, TN. Includes continental breakfast and lunch.
CE credit: 8 hours
Course Presenters: Dr. Erica Migliorati and Dr. Les Binkley
Tuition: $299 per dentist and $175 per auxiliary. After October 14 - $319 per dentist and $195 per auxiliary. Registration less than 10 business days prior to the course is subject to an additional $25 late registration fee.* Morning coffee and lunch will be provided.
This course takes place on the UTHSC campus in the Humphreys General Education Building, at the corner of Madison and Dunlap. Parking is available in the parking garage located at 869 Madison Avenue, next to the building. Parking is $5.
Would you like to offer your patients the hottest technology trend in dentistry today? Learn how to successfully incorporate laser-assisted periodontal therapy and periodontal surgery into your practice. This one-day, intensive hands-on mentoring course provides in depth overview of laser integration in periodontal therapy.
The overall intent of this course is to give clinicians the knowledge and skills to practice dental hygiene and periodontics incorporating lasers. During the course you will:
- Learn how to use lasers as adjuncts to your current dental hygiene treatment
- Learn scientific and clinical principles, and indications for lasers
- Gain hands-on experience with wavelengths as: CO2 lasers, Diode and Er;Cr:YSGG (Waterlase)
- Get an overview of laser physics and general information about the technology (high intensity and low intensity lasers)
- Learn related fees and insurance codes applicable for periodontal therapy
- Learn how to raise patient awareness and treatment acceptance while enhancing your patients positive experience with consistent and predictable outcomes.
- Understand how lasers can increase production and profitability in your practice
The University of Tennessee College of Dentistry is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
The University of Tennessee designates this activity for 8 hours continuing education credits.