This course is intended for the general practioner/specialist who has had little
or no experience in placement, soft tissue grafting and restoration dental implants.
implant surgery during the course will be tailored to the participants level of
The continium/externship will be presented in 4 two day sessions (Saturday & Sunday) over four months beginning in January 2013.
- January 26-27
- February 9-10
- March 16-17
- April 13-14
- Lectures covering treatment planning, placement, soft tissue management, hard tissue management, and restoration of dental implants.
- Implant placement in sawdust mandibles to familiarize the dentist with the sequence of placement of dental implants.
- Surgical guide fabrication and use with 3-D digital imaging.
- CD with lectures and articles pertaining to implant dentistry.
- Implant demonstrations.
- Implant placement by participants.
- Implant restoration and occlusion techniques.
The participants will be placing implants in the 3rd to 4th month. Patients may be supplied by the participants or will be supplied by the course. All didactic and surgical sessions will be held at the University of Tennessee, College of Dentistry Dunn Dental Building.
Professional Liability & Fees
Course fee, including four implant surgeries per participant, is $4,800.00. Additional
material fees (ie: implant @ $250) may be applied if the participant supplies his/her
Attending dentists from the State of Tennessee or from other states, who perform implant surgeries for their patients at the College of Dentistry as part of the externship, must present proof of professional liability insurance and a copy of their state dental license. These documents must be presented to the course director as part of the treatment planning procedure at least one month prior to surgery. Dentists who have not presented these documents to the course director prior to patient treatment will not be allowed to perform surgical procedures.
Contact the CE Office at the University of Tennessee College of Dentistry at 901-448-5386 for additional information.