Personal Trainers are available to help develop a program based on your interests, goals, and current fitness level. All UTHSC trainers are certified Trainers educated in exercise science, physical education, or a related field. You may choose your own UTHSC personal trainer providing they are available. For your safety no outside trainers are allowed to train within the facility.
Sign Up for Personal Training Sessions
Please submit your information on the Appointment Information Request Form and you will be contacted by one of our training staff. If you have any questions please contact:
- Fonda Fracchia
After submitting the form you will be redirected to the Campus Recreation site.
Getting started with a trainer is easy, just follow the steps below:
- Pick up the personal training agreement form from Campus Recreation Office (SAC Room 312) or print the form offline.
- Turn in the forms to the Fitness and Wellness Coordinator and you will be contacted within 24 hours to schedule your initial appointment.
Please note: You MUST be a member of the Fitness Center and possess a valid Membership Card or UTHSC ID to be eligible for personal training services.
Personal Training Cancellation Policy
All clients are expected to attend each session unless an advance 24-hour notice given to the trainer. The trainer will "deduct" a session for each absence missed.
Also,the trainer must give a 24-hour notice of any scheduled appointments, or a free session will be added to the clients training package.
Otherwise, All Personal Training sessions will expire exactly 6 weeks from original date of purchase.
Packages, Prices and Payment
- Cost: $40/one-session
- Sessions must be paid in full in the Campus Recreation office, SAC 312, prior to first training session.
- Client must present receipt to the trainer the day of the health assessment.
- Based on your responses to the health history questionnaire, you may be required to obtain a physician's clearance prior to beginning your training sessions.
- Client must provide 24 hour notice to trainer when canceling an appointment to avoid getting charged for that session.
Peggy Reisser Winburne
- Occupation: Writer/editor/ fitness instructor and personal trainer
- Certifications: AFAA Group Exercise Instructor, AFAA Personal Trainer, working toward YogaFit Certification, and also Les Mills BodyPump and BTS Centergy certifications, AED/CPR certified
- Education experience: Besides above-mentioned certifications, I have done training in AFAA Mat Science, AFAA Practical Pilates, Powder Blue Productions PiYo program, AFAA Practical Yoga, Silver Sneakers Muscular Strength and Range of Motion
- Best Part of my job: Making friends in my classes at fitness facilities all over town.
- Fitness philosophy: When the going gets tough, the tough get going. I am not one to holler at people. I believe in positive motivation. I try to motivate the way I would want someone to motivate me.
Fitness Center Hours
Mon-Fri 6:00 am - 8:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
The Fitness Center follows the UTHSC Official Holiday Closings.
Mon-Fri 6:00 am - 7:45 pm
Saturday 9:00 am - 4:45 pm
Sunday 1:00 pm - 5:45 pm
Mon-Fri 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Memphis, TN 38163
Front Desk Phone: 901-448-5973