Tips for a Safe Campus
- Go with someone.
- Stay away from isolated areas.
- Stay in well lit areas.
- Cross the street and change directions.
- Go to a well lighted area. Enter a store, house, residence hall, anywhere there are people.
- Notice and try to remember as much as possible about the person, so you can give a good description later.
- Don't resist, No amount of money is worth taking chances with your life.
- Notify the campus police or local police immediately.
- Try to give a description that includes approximate age, height, weight, clothing, jewelry, and details on hair, scars, tattoos, anything that is noticeable.
- Lock your office door every time you leave.
- Engrave expensive equipment
- Engraving equipment is available upon request in the Campus Police office.
- Don't store your purse in an unlocked desk drawer.
- Don't leave your belongings unattended in libraries, hallways, locker rooms, or classrooms.
- Keep your office door locked.
- Lock all doors behind you as you enter and exit the building.
- Advise the Campus Police that you are in your office.
- Keep doors locked while driving.
- Don't pick up hitchhikers.
- Always lock your car and take the keys.
- Park in well lighted areas.
- Place packages out of sight.
740 Court Avenue
Memphis, TN 38163
Phone: (901) 448-4444