Reproductive Health Clinic
This unique clinic provides medical care to adolescents and adults with developmental disabilities.
- A gynecologist treats problems of girls and women.
- Health and Socialization training is offered to these individuals and is provided by social work staff or social work trainees of the BCDD.
- Counseling for families is also available.
- Depo-Provera is offered as a means of birth control.
- Socialization and health groups are conducted monthly upon request. These groups are open to males and females.
- Social workers are available to conduct community workshops on sexuality for persons with mental retardation.
The clinic is held on Wednesday mornings in the BCDD. The clinic is open to the community; however, patients are seen by appointments only.
For further information, contact the Reproductive Health Clinic office, BCDD, 711 Jefferson Avenue, Memphis, TN 38105.
711 Jefferson Avenue
Memphis, Tennessee 38105