Sickle Cell Websites
- Sickle Cell Disease Association of America (SCDAA) is a patient advocacy site with information for the public.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention's Hemoglobin S Allele and Sickle Cell Disease, is an excellent article about sickle cell genetics and epidemiology.
- The Comprehensive Sickle Cell Centers, a description of a major clinical research program supported by the NHLBI.
- Harvard Sickle Cell Program is a comprehensive source for information for patients and health care providers.
- The Sickle Cell Information Center offers a broad range of information for the public and professionals.
- National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc., an information portal for all rare diseases.
- ClinicalTrials.gov provides regularly updated information about federally and privately supported clinical research in human volunteers and a search engine for clinical trials in different diseases.
- The National Newborn Screening and Genetics Resource Center (NNSGRC) offers nformation and resources for health professionals, public health community, consumers, and government officials.
- Genetic Alliance is a support organization for different genetic problems.
711 Jefferson Avenue
Memphis, Tennessee 38105