Interview Selection Criteria
Thank you for your interest in our Program. Our interview selection criteria for Resident Applicants are listed below. We accept applications ONLY through ERAS, for U.S. and International Medical Graduates. Applications are will be excepted ONLY through ERAS beginning 2011 during the Post-Match Scramble.
Applications are expected to meet or exceed the following criteria for Interview Selection:
- Applicant must hold either full U.S. citizenship or be a permanent resident (with a Green Card). J-1 Visa applicants will be considered during the Post-Match Scramble.
- Applicants must have passed USMLE Steps I & II (CS and CK). It will be at our discretion to grant an interview if an applicant has failed their USMLE Step 1 OR Step 2. (Osteopathic applicants must have passed the equivalent exams.) NO MINIMUM SCORE REQUIREMENTS.
- Applicants must have graduated medical school in the CURRENT academic year to which you are applying. For example, if you are applying for the start date of July 2013, then you MUST have graduated between the months of January and June 2013).
- International Medical Graduates must have a minimum of twelve consecutive months of experience in a U.S. healthcare system in managed patient care.
- International Medical Graduates must have ECFMG certification.
- All applicants must submit letters of recommendation from a minimum of three physicians practicing in a U.S. healthcare system.
If you have met ALL of the above criteria, I would be very happy to review your application through ERAS. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at (800) 640-7589, ext 262. or via email.
Thanks once again for your interest in our program and we look forward to hearing from you.
Heather Cavness, Residency Program Recruiter
Schools listed on the Medical Board of California’s list of Disapproved schools OR not listed on the Medical Board of California’s list of Approved schools are presumed not to comply with the requirement in Tennessee Comp. R. & Regs. §0880-2-.04(3)(d). Any school listed on the disapproved list or not listed on the approved list does not meet the criteria of the University of Tennessee Family Medicine Residency Program of Jackson, Tennessee.
Family Medicine Residency Program-Jackson
294 Summar Ave
Jackson, TN 38301-3983
Phone: (731) 423-1932
Fax: (731) 410-0369