We accept applications ONLY through ERAS, for U.S. and International Medical Graduates. Applications for the Post-Match SOAP Process will be excepted ONLY through ERAS as well.
Applicants are expected to meet or exceed all the following criteria for Interview Selection:
- Applicant must hold either full U.S. citizenship or be a permanent resident (with a Green Card). J-1 Visa applicants will only be considered during the Post-Match Scramble.
- Applicants must have passed USMLE Steps I & II (CS and CK) on the first attempt. It will be at our discretion to grant an interview if an applicant has failed their USMLE Step 1 OR Step 2. (Osteopathic applicants must have passed the equivalent exams.)
- Minimum score of 225 on the USMLE Step 2 CK (first attempt). It will be at our discretion to grant an interview if an applicant does not meet the minimum score requirement (Osteopathic applicants must have passed the COMLEX exams with equivalent scores).
- Applicants may not be granted an interview IF applicant has not graduated medical
school within the CURRENT CALENDAR YEAR to which you are applying. For example, if
you are applying for the start date of July 2015, then you MUST have graduated between
January 2015 July 2015).
- International Medical Graduates must have a minimum of twelve consecutive months of experience in a U.S. healthcare system in managed patient care.
- International Medical Graduates must have ECFMG certification.
- All applicants must submit letters of recommendation from a minimum of three physicians practicing in a U.S. healthcare system.
- If applicants do not provide ALL required test scores (USMLE/COMLEX) by October 15th, it will be at our discretion to grant an interview to those applicants after the set deadline.
Only applications meeting all of the above criteria will be considered as applicants in our residency program. We conduct interviews from the first of October through the end of January each year.
If you have met ALL application criteria and have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at (800) 640-7589, ext 262 or via email.
Thanks once again for your interest in our program and we look forward to hearing from you.
Heather Cavness, Residency Program Recruiter
Following the TN Medical Board Guidelines, when considering Caribbean medical school applicants for interviews, our program only accepts applicants who’s medical schools appear on the “Medical Board of California List of Approved Medical Schools”. Any Foreign Medical School in the Caribbean that does not appear on California’s Approved List of Medical Schools DOES NOT meet the criteria of the University of Tennessee Family Medicine Residency Program of Jackson, Tennessee and will not be accepted for application.
Family Medicine Residency Program-Jackson
294 Summar Ave
Jackson, TN 38301-3983
Phone: (731) 423-1932
Fax: (731) 410-0369