Curriculum Development Committee
Curriculum Revision Goals
- An integrated curriculum in which there is a less delineated division between the basic and the clinical sciences
- A significant reduction in lecture hours
- An expansion of small group activities (case-based, problem based, team-based instruction)
- Opportunities to get students more heavily involved in clinical activities in the first two years
- Better prepare students to deal with impending changes in the USMLE structure
- Earlier identification of students with interpersonal or communications issues that would negatively impact their ability to relate to patients.
- Closer integration between basic and clinical faculty in the education process.
- Increase interaction between clinical faculty and students in the first two years
- Increase interaction between basic science and clinical faculty (and students) in the last two year
Office of Medical Education
910 Madison, Suite 1002
Memphis, Tennessee 38163
The College of Medicine solicits your ideas for curriculum reform. Please send comments and suggestions to:
Robert Shreve, Associate Dean for Medical Education