Parents Appreciation Day White Coat Ceremony
The UT Health Science Center College of Medicine cordially invites parents, spouses, family members, guests and significant others to attend our annual "Parents Appreciation Day" beginning at 8:00 a.m. ending at 12:00 noon and the White Coat Ceremony to begin at 3:00 p.m., ending at 6:30 p.m. Friday, August 12.
Parents Appreciation Day is a special event designed to provide an opportunity for families to learn more about the academic program and campus life. It will include a welcome from the Executive Dean, an introduction to the medical curriculum and information regarding academic support services, financial planning and student life. In addition, families will have the opportunity to ask questions, meet with faculty, staff, students, administrators and other parents, relatives and friends.
Best of all, families will attend the annual White Coat Ceremony which is the capstone event of our new students' introduction to medicine and their chosen profession.
- We ask that you please contact the student who has been offered an acceptance to RSVP your attendance.
- Walking Directions from the Cook Convention Center (underground parking) to the Cannon Center.
- White Coat Ceremony Program
- History of the White Coat Ceremony
- White Coat Ceremony Key Note Speakers [past and present]
- Parents Appreciation Day Program
- Financial Aid Literary Program
- Directions and Free Campus Parking
- Hotel Accommodations
- Campus Map
- What Else to do in Memphis
We look forward to welcoming you to the UT Health Science Center College of Medicine family! Parking services will be made available for you and your family to park in lots "J", "I" and "F" at no charge.
College of Medicine
Office of Admissions
Medical Center Plaza
910 Madison Ave, Suite 500
Memphis, Tennessee 38163
Medicine Admissions Staff
Assistant Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs:
David M. Stern, M.D.