- Employee and supervisor are notified of nomination.
- Supervisor and two clients review work habits of nominee.
- Input from other references may be solicited.
- Finalists are selected for an interview with Lichterman Award Advisory Committee.
- Awardee's department receives a plaque. Awardee also receives a plaque as well as an $1,500 award presented at a special ceremony in late 2012. The plaque in the Student Alumni Center is also updated with the name of the newest awardee.
- Employees must have a non-exempt title classification.
- Employees must be a full-time UT Health Science Center employee (including employees at St. Francis and Jackson) or a full-time UTMG employee.
- Employees must have been employed a minimum of three years prior to nomination.
- Quality of Work