Travel Approval for Meetings
Effective March 1, 2008
Approval for travel to meetings is contingent upon the requirements listed below:
- An Internal Medicine Travel Request Form MUST be completed for travel to meetings and submitted to the Program Coordinator four (4) weeks before the meeting.
- No more than eight (8) residents will be allowed to attend the same meeting. Permission to attend will be given on a first come-first served basis.
- The abstract(s) must be submitted to the Program Director for approval before submission to the meeting.
- You must be the 1st author or presenting because the 1st author cannot attend the meeting.
All requirements must be met to receive approval. No exception will be made.
Publications and presentations must be entered into the New Innovations Log Book.
If travel funds are available, the training program will provide support for one (1) Regional, State, or National meeting.
- If support funds are provided, the program will pay for one (1) poster.
- The poster MUST be made at the UT Print Shop. (We will no longer use Kinko's.)
A GME Travel Form must be submitted with a meeting brochure and original receipts to Lisa Shinall in the Graduate Medical Education Office when you return from your meeting for travel reimbursement to be processed.
(Policy Updated 2/15/08)
Internal Medicine Residency Program
956 Court Avenue, Room H314
Memphis, Tennessee 38163
Toll Free: 800-733-1846
Susan Andrews, Coordinator: email@example.com
Please expect a two week turnaround time.