UTHSC Internal Medicine Residency Applicant Site
Positions are offered through the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). All applications must be submitted through ERAS.
A complete application consists of:
- Current Photograph (required)
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE or COMLEX Scores
- (Step 1 score is required with submission of your initial application.)
- (Step 2 CS and CK scores are required prior to the deadline for submission of the rank list.)
- Three Letters of Recommendation (including the medicine chair)
All ERAS applications are reviewed and invitations to interview will be extended to those selected via e-mail. APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 30. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered for an interview.
All residents must pass a criminal background check before they are allowed to start work at the University. Residents must pass USMLE Step 3 or COMLEX-USA Level 3 or MCCQE Part II to be eligible for a third year appointment. Failure to pass the required examination by the beginning of the third year of training will result in non-renewal of the resident's contract.
IMG Requirements and Interview Information
Observerships and Externships
The Internal Medicine Program does not offer observerships or externships.
Combined Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
Please visit the combined internal medicine and pediatrics website.