2012 Leonard Share Young Investigator Award
Category of award application (clinical or basic science fellow):
Telephone Number (home and office):
For application text no more than three single-spaced typed pages answering all questions; use Times or Helvetica, size #11 or larger.
- Title of your research project: Project should focus on cardiovascular-renal-hypertension (and other closely related) research
- Brief description of your progress to date
- Proposal for future work
Significance and impact of your research project with respect to cardiovascular-renal problems
- If selected for this award,
- Where and for what purpose would the award be used?
- How will this award advance your research work and career?
Additional Required Documents
- One copy of your curriculum vitae
- Letters of recommendation from two members of the health care profession who know you well; one of these must be your principal mentor.
Deadline for Submission: October 31, 2012
Applicants for the clinical award must be an M.D. whose primary appointment is in a clinical department or clinical affiliate. However, they may be engaged in either basic or clinical research.
Group 1: Clinical Fellow (M.D.) engaged in either clinical or basic science research
Group 2: Basic Science Fellow (Ph.D.) with up to a maximum of two years of postdoctoral research
$1,500 to one person per each group for enhancing his or her career development in biomedical research.
Submit all application documents to:
Department of Physiology (Michelle Lester)
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
894 Union Avenue, Nash Room 426
Memphis, TN 38163
Phone: (901) 448-2634
Fax: (901 448-7126
Announcement of Award
The HRD meeting is Wednesday, November 14, 2012 and the HRD reception is on Tuesday, November 13, 2012. The HRD luncheon is also Wednesday, November 14, 2012.
Wednesday, November 14
8:00 AM UTHSC Campus
Coleman North Auditorium
956 Court Ave. Map
Memphis, TN 38163