Faculty Computing Committee
- To represent the faculty in reporting the computing needs and concerns of the faculty on the UTHSC campus regarding training, infrastructure and support;
- Regularly update the Faculty Senate blackboard site regarding committee work;
- Provide input to handbook committee for faculty computing sections.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration for the Faculty with the CIO Committee/IT Department and Administration regarding technologies and resources available to the Faculty.
- Provide input to IT on new and existing technologies, including training for those technologies, as they relate to faculty academic, research, and clinical computing.
- Promote continued expansion of electronic access to campus resources and events (i.e. meetings) from off campus via web-casting or other remote conferencing technologies.
- Promote improved payment for faculty on major software innovations and a replacement cycle for faculty and student lab computers.
- Establish a working relationship with the new CIO.
Members of Committee
|Phyllis Richey (Chair)||College of Medicine - Clinical|
|Bob Belland||College of Medicine - Basic|
|Bill Callahan||College of Dentistry|
|Penny Head||College of Health Professions|
|Song Hee Hong||College of Pharmacy|
|Sajeesh Kumar||College of Health Professions|
|Jami Smith||College of Nursing|
|Thad Wilson||College of Medicine - Clinical|
Faculty Senate President Office
Thaddeus A . Wilson, PhD
62 South Dunlap Rm 212
Memphis, TN 38163