Faculty Affairs Committee
Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, policies and recommendations related to the following:
- Policies for appointment, promotion, and tenure;
- Policies for off-campus assignments and leaves of absence;
- Policy for discharge for cause;
- Evaluation of administrators;
- Procedures for faculty performance assessment;
- Workshops on promotion and tenure;
- Policy on consulting;
- New faculty orientation.
- Promote consistent and transparent faculty appointments, evaluation, and advancement practices across all colleges.
- Advocate for faculty support and incentives to encourage faculty retention.
- Promote transparent and equitable workload expectations and requirements for all Faculty across all colleges.
- Continue upward evaluation of administrators on a regular basis.
- Promote the optimal balance between campus security and access.
- Regularly review and recommend revisions of the Faculty Handbook and Evaluation Manual to the Faculty Senate.
Members of Committee
|Richard Smith (Chair)||College of Medicine - Clinical|
|Amado Freire||College of Medicine - Clinical|
|Alexander Matthew||College of Medicine - Clinical|
|Regan F. Williams||College of Medicine - Clinical|
|Jeffery Towbin||College of Medicine - Clinical|
|Terry Cooper||College of Medicine - Basic|
|Rod Hori||College of Medicine - Basic|
|George Cook||College of Medicine - Basic|
|Penny Head||College of Health Professions|
|Hallie Bensinger||College of Nursing|
|Nawajes Mandal||College of Medicine - Clinical|
|Ryan Yates||College of Pharmacy|
|Ashanti Braxton||College of Dentistry|
Faculty Senate President
Terrance G. Cooper, Ph.D.
Harriet S. Van Vleet Professor of Microbiology & Immunology
Dept. of Microbiology, Immunology & Biochemistry
858 Madison Ave.
Memphis, TN 3863
Phone: Office (901) 448-6179
Phone: Lab (901) 448-2882
Faculty Senate President Office
62 South Dunlap Rm 212
Memphis, TN 38163